Under the topic of “This would never happen in America”, I came across this street scene this morning. The photos that follow show how they cut down trees in Argentina.
In America, the most litigious society on earth, the entire street would be blocked off to vehicular and pedestrian traffic, stores would be closed and 1001 other safety measures put in place.
That’s because in America you have a lawyer waiting on every corner to sue someone and too many people that are ready to sue should something go wrong.
Here in Argentina though, the story is slightly different. Most attorneys have the reputation of being lazy, corrupt, greedy and inefficient. The average citizen knows this so they don’t even waste time going to lawyers.
The result? None of the over-the-top safety measures in place in America are used here in Argentina.
I think America could use less lawyers. And the ones in Argentina? Well, they’re the ones that the old joke was written about: What do you have if you have 100 lawyers lined up on the bottom of the ocean? Answer: A good start.
- Making Sense will represent Argentina at the SXSW Festival (prweb.com)
- University of Oregon graduate missing in Argentina (oregonlive.com)
- MotoGP Visits Argentina for Test Riding (autoevolution.com)
- Bitcoin Dreams Endure to Savers Crushed by CPI: Argentina Credit – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Death Toll Rises As Massive Flooding Continues To Swamp Buenos Aires, Argentina (familysurvivalprotocol.com)