Oops! A photography project gone all wrong lit a grass fire in Topeka

Starting Typing your opinion here

January 21, 2014

Stay Connected Anywhere

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) — A photography project gone wrong is what caused a fast spreading grass fire along Topeka’s southwest side.

The Topeka Fire Department responded to a grass fire shortly before 9 pm at SW 6th and Wanamaker road.

Fire crews say several kids were experimenting with a photography project and twirled a flaming piece of steel wool for artistic effect.

Sparks were created from the action and ignited an area of dry grass.

Crews extinguished the flames in about a half an hour. Officials say there were no injuries and no damage to personal property.

More Top Stories

See The Original Story click here

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s